Makes: 16 cupcakes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup hot coffee (1 teaspoon instant espresso dissolved in 1 cup hot water)
1 cup Sir Kensington’s Classic Mayo
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup whole buttermilk
1 (16 ounce) store-bought vanilla frosting, or another desired flavor
Sprinkles, for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and baking soda together. Whisk dry ingredients together to fully combine.
- Add in coffee, mayonnaise, vanilla, and buttermilk. Carefully stir everything together until just combined.
- Fill cupcake liners about ¾ of the way full and bake cupcakes for 20 minutes.
- Allow cupcakes to cool down completely and then frost tops of cupcakes and garnish with sprinkles, if desired.